Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Swim Class

Well I have a couple things to post. First off, Mitchell and I finsihed off last week completely frustrated with Allstate for not canceling the policy like they were suppose too. Using the excuse that I had to be the one to call and cancel. When I asked why didn't you inform my husband of this..they would continuelly say "He didn't ask" He shouldn't freakin have to people!!!!!! To keep the story short they had me going in circles the whole day. Mitchell meets me for my dental appointment and he has it done in an hour..so frustrating.
The main thingI wanted to report the scare we got at KalieAnn's swim class last night. Let me tell you..from here on out I will be paying attention to my kid the whole time. I don't care what the instructor says. When we started her on swim classes KalieAnn would throw fits that the instructor wouldn't baby her when she noticed I was looking. Well this is one class after but I figured same rules. Mitchell and I were talking to a parent and from the view we were at you just see a line of heads. Its hard to differentiate the kids.
Anyway, next thing Mitchell and I noticed is a mother sprinting. I remember thinking she might slip....little did I realize she was sprinting to save my kids life! Somehow KalieAnn had gotten off the step they put down in the water. The lady told meshe had been tredding the water fora while before she went under. She said when she saw her go under she started to look around thinking somebody has to be paying attention. When she realized nobody was paying attention. Not even the lifeguard that is there to back up the instructors thats when she sprinted to KalieAnn and I saw her reach into the water and pull her out. I waited for a second to see how KalieAnn would react and she started screaming! Don't blame the poor girl. I ran over there and her breathing was heavy, I remembered from a swimm class a couple of summers ago when she swallowed a lot water they told me to hold her arms up..it helps open up her lungs. So I helped her arms up and when her breathing started to slow down had her start walking away. Then my poor girl threw up on the swim deck. Mitchell had to go get the lifeguard to inform on whats going on...talk about not paying attention!!! So next week I will be sitting where that lady was. She said over there its a straight on view. You can see each of the kids. She's fine now. I've been keeping an eye on her and after her three hour nap today she seemed more like herself.
But let me tell you. I had to talk my kid into GOING to her Preschool time at YMCA. Usually its my kid rushing me out the door and telling me how to get there. Once she realized which class we were going to she was okay with it. She also had woken up with a really nasty cough which a seperate swim instructor told Mitchell might happen. They said don't put her to bed early(she went to bed at 11pm), that she might get a cough but if she throws up again that we def. need to have her looked at. Well for the good news she didn't throw up again. I asked her teacher this morning to keep an eye on her and she did. By the end of class her cough was gone and my little girl started acting like herself again. She took almost a 3 hour nap and is now completely back to my usually KalieAnn. So I am able to relax and know that she is truly fine.
For a Happier update. Last night Hannah made her first steps going back and forth between Mitchell and I. More soo towards her Dadda. I tell you what this little girl is becoming such a Daddy's girls. I've been trying to get her to say Momma all day and she giggles at me. Then says Dadda. Another thing she did today was inform me shewanted a baba and when my response was I'll get it in a minute. She crawled to her "baba" and then crawled back and put it in my lap.

No comments: