Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Yesterday was KalieAnn's 3rd Birthday! You know, growing up I never understood why mom would always say that we were growing up way too fast. I thought time was dragging..I was always in such a hurry to grow up and now I have two kids of my own and find myself repeating my mom. It feels like yesterday when I went to the doctors worried that there was something wrong with me because it had been two months and we still weren't prego. Couple weeks later I conceived KalieAnn and then ten months later she arrived. Now three years later we're preparing for her birthday party this Saturday...Princess themed.
We had her three year check up this morning and it went great. They tested her hearing by putting these headphone like things on her and asking her to tell them if she hears anything. They put them on and KalieAnn had this look on her face that just made me giggle inside. A look of suspicion and not sure what to think of it. She just sat there completely confused. The nurse asked did you hear anything and nervously said "Yeah." She ran average for her height, 37 inches(50Th percentile) and as usual below normal for her weight, 28 lbs(25Th percentile). It ended with the doctor asking and talking about a three year old quest of trying to be independent and can be worse than the terrible twos. Always trying to figure out their boundaries. I told him when she does she surprises me. The other day I told her that the T.V wasn't going to be on and she comes back with a "you serious?" The doctor smiled and said I wonder where she got that from. Next thing I new, I had him and Mitchell looking at me. So yes..whenever Mitchell says something that irritates me I tend to say "Are you serious!?" and our wonderful Princess has picked up on it.

No comments: