Monday, July 14, 2008

KalieAnn

I wanted let everyone know what is going on here. Saturday evening KalieAnncame down with a really high fever of 105.6. So Mitchell took her into the ER and found Pneumonia on her X-ray, They gave her antibiotics for us to give her three times a day and sent them home around 1 am on Sunday.
Sunday afternoon we got a call from the hospital letting usknow that they found something in her blood culture and need to bring her back in. So we did. They said that found strep in her blood..not as in strep throat...somthing that does lead to Pneumonia and wanted to take her blood and another X -ray again. Plus put her on IV fluids and antibioticsbecause she wouldn't eat and didn't want to drink or eat much.
The test came back showing that it has actually gotten a bit worse and the X-ray was the same. Next step..they admitted her into the pediatric ward of the hospital for the night to monitor her and giver her medication every four hours.
This morning Mitchell called me and she's actually gotten worse. She's not keeping anything down now and will be staying another night. Just thought I should let everyone know whats going on. I'm at home keeping Hannah from getting it. I'm hoping I'll be able to find someone to watch Hannah for a little bit so I can go see her. Well I'm going to try and keep myself busy

No comments: