Monday, May 4, 2009

Shopping and Stitches

I have been running around like a crazed maniac since last Friday. So we went to Hom Furniture and got the furniture that we've been looking at getting for a while now. Then I ended up going shopping because KalieAnn is growing out of her 3T clothes like you wouldn't believe!!! So for Summer clothes she had one pair of shorts and a few short sleeve shirts. So I ran to all the different stores that were having good sales! Old Navy was having an excellent one and on top of that they started something new on the 1st! Military discounts!!!! On the 1st of every month they do a 10% off Military discount off of your entire purchase!! Even the clearance and sale items!!! It was awesome!!!!
Since we ended up upgrading to a King Size bedroom set we needed to get a comforter set. So I was running around to all the different stores that have comforter sets to find one I liked. Once I started to go to stores for just that purpose a friend of mine joined me. Well we let the kids (KalieAnn and her son) get down and let them run ahead for a little bit. They were running a little too far ahead so I yelled at KalieAnn to stop and wait for us. She turned to look at me...while she was still running...by the time she turned her head to look forward she smacked right into the shelf at the end of the aisles. I waited to see her response. She started screaming...as I was telling her this why we don't run in stores...she looks up at me and you can see blood under her hair. At First I didn't think much about it because it was soo tiny. But once the employees came with the First Aid Kit and we were able to get it cleaned I saw a little of how deep it was. My friend looked at it and assured me that she didn't need to go in. Once the pressure on it got the bleeding to stop we put neosporin(if that's how it spelled) on it with a band aid. Plus the employee's gave us an instant cold pack to put on it. So as we're walking around the store I took off the cold pack so I can look at the First Aid Kits to buy...because after that I decided I needed one. I noticed blood on the cold pack. So..at that point I decided to call Mitchell and get his opinion. He wanted me to take her to the office so he can look at it. To make this long story short. We decided to take her in. When we got there the doctor told us that it was too deep for them to just kind of glue it together. So she got 3 stitches on her forehead. Afterwards she was back to being her usual self. She told Daddy that her "head feels better cause they sewed me back together."

No comments: