Monday, August 3, 2009

CO Trip



Our trip to Colorado was a blast! The girls didn't even want to leave...in fact when we were getting ready to leave here KalieAnn couldn't wait to get in the car and go see Grandma and Grandpa. We woke up at 5 am to leave...I headed downstairs expecting it to be a cranky morning...opened the door preparing myself to hear the whines...and to my surprise I hear KalieAnn "We go see Grandpa now?" It took me a second to register..cause well lets face it that's too early for your mind to be functioning properly anyway...at least for me. I look over at Hannah and she's sitting up looking at me waiting for the answer. I just said "yeah" and next thing I know my ears are filled with giggles and "Yays!!" So we fed them, got dressed and hopped in the car. While we were there the Girls had a blast playing, helping out around the ranch where they could, and just overall enjoying their time with their Grandparents. Now me being me..this should be no surprise for anyone that knows me...I took like 400 pictures. So when I had the chance this weekend I made some collage pictures for this blog.
Here is a group picture of everyone!!! From Left to right..Grandma Stevens, Mitchell, KalieAnn, Me, Hannah, Mataya, Mom and Dad!



Now here is a collage of the tree Mitchell cut down by their drive way. There was a big branch that leads over the driveway and it had a dangerous looking crack. Mitchell was concerned of it one time cracking and falling into the drive way. So he cut the tree down...it was dead. His Dad got done telling me later that sometimes when they cut the dead trees down, leave the stump there and the roots are healthy enough it'll grow back. Showed me some examples of it before.
Mitchell and the girls in the truck getting ready to drop the branches off up in the pasture.

This collage is of Mitchell painting the grainer thing. It was silver and got really hot out there in the summer days. So his Mom and Dad have been wanting to paint it white for sometime. Painting it white helps keep it about 20-30 degrees cooler. He learned that over a propane tank that they had that got over heated. People came out and painted it white. ...I learned a lot on this trip lol!!
Here is something else I learned about! Every year his Mom and Dad will go out and buy vegetables to can. We happened to be out there during that time. Mitchell bought us a box of Green Beans to do. So I sat there snapping green beans thinking about how nice it is to be able to just go in and buy it from the store. In reality I think I was just bored so the city girl in me came out. Mitchell snapped most...if not 99 percent of them. KalieAnn enjoyed helping him out. I got up and helped Mom can pickles! I learned that pickles are cucumbers!! And yes I really didn't know that! Mitchell and Mom also made tomato sauce and home made V8 Juice for Dad.
They also peeled, cut, cooked, preserved, and froze a bunch of carrots! I tell you what this was definitely a learning experience for me! Mataya helped with cutting and packaging part. Mitchell and Mataya still have that sibling war fair going on...mainly because my husband loves to be a brat! When he'd get done cutting the carrots he'd try to throw them in the bucket full of water just right to try to splash Mataya. It was very amusing to watch.

Here is a little collage of the girls. My favorite pictures of them.
We also enjoyed a Rockies Game with them. It was the first Rockies game that Mitchell attended that they've won. My Mom sent me a cute text that we should send Mitchell to the parking lot to achieve victory...I told we might have to...turns out we didn't. They won 8-2.

Our girls playing on Grandma and Grandpa's bike. I'm thinking its a Grandparent thing to have one of those bikes. My Dad's parents have always had one and in fact still do. James and I used to play on it.

Our Final Picture!! Mitchell and I when I turned 34 weeks. So a week and a day ago. This was taken just after Mitchell pretended to throw me in the stalk tank.
Now For a doctors update. I had my OB Appointment this morning. We rescheduled it because we ended up staying a couple more days. I have gained a whole pound. So my total pregnancy weight gain is 15 lbs. Which he said was still a bit low but doing well given the issues I had at the beginning of the pregnancy. The baby's heart beat has slowed down a little to 130 but still good. My tummy measurements were right on track. My body has also slowly started its dilating process. He said I'm shaped like a cone right now...its open enough in the front for him to get one finger in but closed where the baby is. He just wants me to take it easy. He said that this is normal for women that have had more than one kid but I am still two weeks till being considered full term. So if I start having more contractions he wants me to come in. Well that includes this update. I need to go and work on some laundry and dinner!! You know the exciting details in life!!!

No comments: