Sunday, August 30, 2009

An Experience to Rememeber!

Alayna's labor was...well...the most interesting of the three! The title sums it up best!! I think every labor is an experience that isalways going to be rememberedno matter what...but theres some that are just so out of the ordinary or interesting that just fits even more. So here's the story. Once we got to the hospital I was dialated 5cm and cervix still very stretchy. They didn't give me the patoson right away for two reasons. One they were busy and two they wanted to see where it would go on its own...to cut it short my labor pretty much stopped at 5cm. So 6:15pm rolls around and they decide to start me on the patoson to get it started. It took them 45 minutes to get the IV in. They'd get it in my vein and then the needle would puncture the side wall...they also said I had rolly veins...so they get it in...they get it started..they take my blood pressure in my arm they weren't able to get it in but had punctured my vein in two places. Where they poked it created a real nice bump in my arm when they took my blood pressure...so from there on out they took my blood pressure from my leg lol...to be honest that was the first I had heard of that. The contraction didn't really get started till 9pm...they didn't get really pain full and working till 9:30pm...10:30pm rolls around. My doctor checked my cervix and I was 7cm dialated. So he popped my water. Needless to say the pain just went from Ouch!!! to OUCH!!!! So we let them know I wanted the pain meds that were a step down from an epidural...but couldn't tell you the name of it if my life depended on it. While we're waiting the contractions are coming and so was this overwhelming feeling that I needed to push. I told Mitchell and his usual guy response "Well...Don't!" Yeah as if I can control that... but I figure okay I'll try...next contraction...feelings stronger and I can't stop it lol. So I tell him during it..."Get the nurse!" So he calls her in...she checks...still 7cm...and the pain guy shows up. They got me into position on my side for him to give it to me...contraction comes...my body is pushing HARD! So I scream I've gotta push...nurse checks...runs to the call button to get the doctor "in here now!" My doctor had enough time to run from the desk...get his gown and gloves on..turn around and catch Alayna! We didn't even have time to move me onto my back!! I delivered her laying on my side. Mitchell and the nurse had to hold my leg up to let Alayna out the rest of the way. She was born at 10:59pm. She was 8 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long. Here's our new little blessing! Luckily you can't see it in the pictures but since she came out so fast...She has a bruised little face.
I read to the girls Welcome to My World something or other...not sure of the title but its written by Brooke Sheild...very cute book.
Our first family shot after she was born.
Her first ride in her car seat.
The girls and I were waiting in the Lobby while Mitchell was pulling the car around. Well there it is!! Can you believe it!?! Alayna's here!!

















1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!